A holiday in the East Neuk of Fife gives visitors the opportunity to visit the different villages along the coast, and with a base in Crail you have several options for visiting Anstruther. It’s near enough to walk along the coastal path; there is a regular hourly bus service on the Coastliner 95; or you can go by car.
7 things to do in Anstruther
- Eat freshly-cooked fish and chips at Anstruther’s finest fish bars – several excellent options to choose from.
- Visit the Scottish Fisheries Museum.
- Take a trip to the Isle of May on the May Princess or a fast journey on the Osprey RHIB.
- Enjoy fine dining at the Michelin-starred The Cellar.
- Play golf at the tough 9-hole course at Anstruther Golf Club.
- Enjoy shopping at the local shops along the sea front.
- Stop for ice creams at Lisa’s Ice Cream Parlour; Brattesani’s (in Anstruther Fish Bar); or the Sweetie Shop in Roger Street
We found Chef Billy Boyter sharing his Venison Haggis on Instagram at The Cellar:
Special Celebration Days in Anstruther
RNLI – Lifeboat Station Open Day – In the centre of the town you’ll find the RNLI station, which is open all year round. There’s a Gift Shop and Visitor Centre. The RNLI have an annual Open Day with fun events and an opportunity to board the Lifeboat and meet the crew.
Anstruther Harbour Festival – is a fun-filled weekend for all the family. In 2019 the Harbour Festival is on 20 – 21 July. There are lots of different activities planned to interest all ages. Here’s the historic boat ‘Reaper’ bringing the Fisher Lad and Lass to the Festival.
East Neuk Open Studios weekends – throughout the East Neuk, including several artists in Cellardyke which is situated between Anstruther and Crail.
Find out more about What’s On
Useful websites for planning your visit:
Anstruther.Info – for what’s on, local businesses, events and more.
Anstruther Golf Club
Osprey – Fast RHIB trips
Stagecoach Service 95 – Coastliner
We hope you’ve found plenty of ideas for things to do while you’re visiting the East Neuk of Fife. We’d love to welcome you for a short break, or longer stay at Sandcastle Cottage. Just check availability by putting your planned arrival date into our availability checker to the right of this page, or below (on mobile) to book your next stay at Sandcastle Cottage, Crail.