Sandcastle Cottage was closed from March – early July 2020, due to Covid 19 restrictions as directed by the Scottish Government to Accommodation Businesses. We are now ready to re-open under stringent safety guidelines.
Statement from Sandcastle Holidays 7 July 2020
On 7 July 2020 Sandcastle Holidays (Scotland) Ltd was awarded the Industry Standard certification “We’re Good to Go” for re-opening our business after the 2020 closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What does the Standard Mean for Guests?
Sandcastle Cottage has undertaken a risk assessment to demonstrate that we are adhering to current public health guidance.
- Developing new procedures for check-in and departure for our guests to follow
- Removing extra crockery and cutlery from the property so that everything can be loaded into the dishwasher at the end of a let to ensure sterilisation
- Adding extra duvets and pillows so that a fresh set is available for each arrival
- Providing extra cleaning materials for use during a let
- Extending the time required between departure and arrival to facilitate thorough ventilation of the property
- Asking guests to strip and store bedding before departure and remove waste from property
- Providing an extra set of cushions for seating to allow them to be swapped out between lets
- Ensuring bedding is washed at 60C
- Gaining certification for our cleaner and ourselves to ensure that current cleaning protocols are understood and maintained
- Communicating extra protocols by email and notices for guests
- Removal of toys, games and DVDs for the time being
We hope that we can welcome you back soon to enjoy a holiday at Sandcastle Cottage Crail.
With best wishes
Sandy & Susan McNaughton
If you wish to contact us to discuss a booking please do so by email to firstname.lastname@example.org