The rules introduced in 2020 for the protection of our cleaning staff and all guests under “Good to Go” will remain in place for the foreseeable future. We recommend all guests read our terms of business and rules on departure before making a booking.
Statement from Sandcastle Holidays
On 7 July 2020 Sandcastle Holidays (Scotland) Ltd was awarded the Industry Standard certification “We’re Good to Go” for re-opening our business after the 2020 closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What does the Standard Mean for Guests?
Sandcastle Cottage has undertaken a risk assessment to demonstrate that we are adhering to current public health guidance.
- Developing new procedures for check-in and departure for our guests to follow
- Removing extra crockery and cutlery from the property so that everything can be loaded into the dishwasher at the end of a let to ensure sterilisation
- Adding extra duvets and pillows so that a fresh set is available for each arrival
- Providing extra cleaning materials for use during a let
- Extending the time required between departure and arrival to facilitate thorough ventilation of the property
- Asking guests to strip and store bedding before departure and remove waste from property
- Providing an extra set of cushions for seating to allow them to be swapped out between lets
- Ensuring bedding is washed at 60C
- Gaining certification for our cleaner and ourselves to ensure that current cleaning protocols are understood and maintained
- Communicating extra protocols by email and notices for guests
- Removal of toys, games and DVDs for the time being
We hope that we can welcome you back as soon as it is safe to do so, to enjoy a holiday at Sandcastle Cottage in 2021. In the meantime stay safe.
Keep watching our website for the release of our available dates.
With best wishes
Sandy & Susan McNaughton
If you wish to contact us to discuss a booking please do so by email to firstname.lastname@example.org