St Andrews Food and Drink Festival
We’re watching the plans for a month-long celebration of fabulous Food From Fife unfold, in the form of the St Andrews Food and Drink Festival which will be taking place in November 2015, and hope that some of our readers will take advantage of the events happening in nearby St Andrews to book a short break at Sandcastle Cottage during November.
A Culinary Collaboration: six leading chefs from in and around St Andrews lead this year’s St Andrews Food & Drink festival with a month-long calendar of events and activities. L-R: Alan Matthew of the Fairmont St Andrews, Geoffrey Smeddle of the Peat Inn, Ian MacDonald of The Links Trust, Susan Pieraccini of Rocca, Stewart Macaulay of The Adamson and Martin Hollis of the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa. Photo credit: Alan Richardson.
You can book for:
Indoor Street Food Market Launch, Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa
- Tickets, limited to 200, are on sale at £25.00 for adults, £7.50 for 5-12 year olds and free for under 5s.
- Each ticket includes a taster from each stall (children’s portions for 0-12).
- To book: call 01334 468181
St Andrews Food & Drink Festival Dinner, Fairmont St Andrews
- Tickets for the dinner are £75.00
- To book: call Fairmont St Andrews on 01334 837 000
There will be many more events to come during the month of November, so keep an eye on the Food From Fife website for more information as events are confirmed.
Foodie treats in Fife
In November, it’s easy to work up an appetite with wild and windy walks along the Fife Coastal path. The short stretch between Anstruther and Pittenweem can be enlivened with the promise of hot chocolate and other delights at the Pittenweem Chocolate Company, or walk in the opposite direction and treat yourself to Fish and Chips in Anstruther!
With the recent confirmation of Michelin Stars for three restaurants in the East Neuk of Fife, there is a choice of fine dining in the area at:
- The Cellar, Anstruther – Chef Billy Boyter
- The Peat Inn – Chef Geoffrey Smeddle
- Sangsters, Elie – Chef Bruce Sangster
We’d also recommend you try:
- Craig Millar @ 16 West End, St Monans
- The Seafood Restaurant, St Andrews
- 19th Hole, Earlsferry and The Ship Inn, Elie – casual dining, with good quality from the team who run The Bridge Inn, Ratho
- Fine Dining ideas on the Visit St Andrews website
Our friends at Cambo Estate also have an exciting event running in November – Winter Cambolicious on Saturday 7 November 2015. A relaxed afternoon of gentle competition and tasting craft beers – what could be nicer? Walking distance or a 95 bus back to Crail too!
We were delighted to read that Foodie Quine had written such glowing praise for her recent visit to explore some of the foodie delights around Fife – great to hear Claire! Janice from Farmersgirl Kitchen split her reports into one focusing on Chilli and Chocolate, and the other on Seafood and Gin.
We’d love to hear from you if you’d like to stay in Crail for a 3 night weekend break (Fri-Mon), 4 night mid-week break (Mon-Fri) or let us know what dates you’d like to stay. A good opportunity to visit your offspring at St Andrews University, combined with some foodie fun!