If you want to avoid the busy periods in April and May March can sometimes be a great month for that short break you had in mind since Christmas. The nights start to get brighter the weather starts to improve with some crisp sunny days and the first signs of spring. It’s a great time to catch migrating birds at Kilminning Nature Reserve or a trip to the gardens at Cambo for the Snowdrop Festival and then in the evening dine at the East Neuks own Michelin star restaurant the Cellar in Anstruther. You don’t need to take the car either the 95 bus will take you almost to the door in 15 minutes. There is also time for a relaxing stroll along the beach or a visit to Crail’s historic harbour or just sample the views towards the Isle of May from Roome Bay.
Ten ideas for you to include in a March Short Break in Crail – time to get out in the spring sunshine
- Visit Cambo Estate – the Snowdrop Festival runs from 26th January to 10th March 2019
- Walk on the Fife Coastal Path
- Wax lyrical, at the St Andrews Poetry Festival – StAnza Poetry 6-10 March 2019
- Visit the Kilminning Coast and see wonderful sea birds
- Visit the East Neuks only Michelin Star Restaurant The Cellar Anstruther for that special romantic meal for two.
- Alternatively if Fine Dining is not what you are looking for then we would recommend the Bistro Dory at Pittenweem Harbour.
- Visit our walks page for a number of walks you can do from Sandcastle Cottage.
- Day out to St Andrews. See our blog for tips and ideas on what there is to see and do.
- If you are a golfer the courses are normally quiet at this time of year. See our blog for more details.
- Visit the recently opened Victoria & Albert Museum in Dundee. See our blog “Day out to Dundee”