Sandcastle Cottage, Crail
- Definitions “Hire Contract” means the contract for the hire of the property (Sandcastle Cottage Crail) as a holiday let under the terms of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1998 for the hire period according to these terms and conditions. “Hire Period” means the length of time the guest may occupy the property as a holiday let, as detailed in the booking form. The hire period is not an assured tenancy. “Guest” means the person making the booking. “Owner” means the owner of the property, Sandcastle Holidays (Scotland) Ltd.
- Strictly NO pets allowed in the property or in the garden
- No smoking in the property.
- The owners do not accept liability for loss or damage to guests’ personal belongings, and any belongings left behind at the end of the the hire period will only be returned if the cost of postage/carriage or any other expenses incurred by the owners in locating belongings are met by the guest.
- The guest undertakes that his/her party occupying the property should not exceed five (plus infant in travel cot). The Civic Government (Scotland) Act requires all persons names to be specified in the booking form. Bookings will not be accepted from groups of people under the age of 25.
- Entry to the property will be granted at 4pm on the first day of the hire period. The property must be vacated by 10am on the last day of the hire period. The right is reserved to charge for an extra day if guests have not left by the time required, or if they arrive before 4pm on the first day of the hire period. Our staff need time for cleaning, airing and disinfection between lets and this can only be achieved provided that guests adhere strictly to the times given.
- The property will be in a clean and tidy condition on arrival and guests are requested to leave it in like condition. The right is reserved to make a charge for additional cleaning if the property has not been left reasonably clean.
- Guests are expected to use electricity and gas as they would in their own home: by switching off appliances which are not required; by turning off the heating in warm weather; by keeping the windows closed in cool weather.
- In respect of breakages, loss or damage, guests should report any deficiency which they notice on arrival, and any which occur during their visit. Where appropriate, guests will be liable to pay the replacement cost of the item broken, lost or damaged.
- Any defects should be reported immediately to the owner. The owners reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for the purposes of inspection, repair work, etc.
- The £150 advance payment made at the time of booking is not refundable. Payment in full for the let is due four weeks prior to commencement of the let, and failure to pay by this date will be deemed a cancellation. After full payment is made no refunds will be given. Guests are advised to arrange holiday insurance against possible cancellation for other reasons after payment has been made. For short-notice bookings made less than 4 weeks prior to the let, payment in full is required immediately to secure the booking and no refunds will be given thereafter.
- For all guests, an additional security deposit of £150 is required at the time of making full payment for booking. This will be initiated within 7 days once keys are returned to the owners and checks on the property have been completed. The owners reserve the right to make a charge against the deposit to cover breakages or damage to property, or extra cleaning should the guests not have followed the departure instructions.
- At Sandcastle Cottage we operate a strict recycling policy. Guests are expected to recycle their waste using the four bins provided and ensure waste is collected on bin day by putting out the relevant bin. We reserve the right to charge an uplift charge on those guests who do not respect our recycling policy. Bins are collected on a 2-week and 4-week cycle so guests should ensure that there is enough room left in the bin for the incoming guests to use.
- The use of the electricity supply to the property (Sandcastle Cottage) for the charging of electric cars or plug-in hybrids is strictly forbidden.
- The owners accept no liability for injury or mishap to any persons/guests while occupying the property or any other factors outwith their control.
- Candles are a fire risk and current fire regulations do not permit their use in the property.
- The owners reserve the right not to return a security deposit to any guests found to be in breach of our terms and conditions.
In order for us to operate a “Safe for Everyone” self-catering environment, we must ask that guests follow the departure instructions to the letter.
- Departure is by 10 am and no later.
- Guests should open windows as follows:
- Ensuite shower room – turn handle ¼ turn and leave the window securely tilted.
- Upstairs bedroom windows – open bottom window and hook securely to brass catch.
- Bathroom window – open window to first catch and secure by turning handle.
- Kitchen window – open window to first catch and secure by turning handle.
- Guests are asked to strip all beds used and place bed linen in the marked bag for uplift by our cleaning staff. All pillows and duvets should be left on the beds
- Bathrooms: toilet rolls soap should be removed along with any of the guests’ personal items. Toilets should be flushed.
- Kitchen: all saucepans and frying pans must be properly washed with hot soapy water before being stored in cupboards.
- On departure, we ask that guests ensure that ALL crockery, cutlery and glassware are clean for the incoming guests.
- All kitchen cupboards should be checked and emptied of foodstuffs.
- Fridge should be completely cleared of any remaining food or frozen items.
- Waste bins should have all bagged waste removed and placed in the outside bins. Guests are asked to ensure that sufficient room is left in the blue landfill bin for the next guest to use. Glass bottles and jars should be recycled at the bottle bank at Crail Primary School. Strictly no glass waste in any of the recycling bins.
- Keys should be returned to the owners following the instructions provided in your arrival information.
Thank you, your cooperation is greatly appreciated.