Sandcastle Cottage, Crail
- Strictly NO pets allowed as owner has allergies.
- No smoking in the cottage.
- The owners do not accept liability for loss or damage to guests’ personal belongings, and any belongings left behind at the end of the let will only be returned if the cost of postage is met.
- The number of persons occupying the cottage should not exceed five (plus infant in travel cot).
- Entry to the cottage will be granted at 4pm on the first day of the let. The cottage must be vacated by 10am on the last day of the let. The right is reserved to charge for an extra day if guests have not left by the time required, or if they arrive before 4pm on the first day of the let. Due to COVID-19 Cleaning Protocols we require extra time for cleaning, airing and disinfection betweeen lets and this can only be achieved provided that guests adhere strictly to the times given.
- The cottage will be in a clean and tidy condition on arrival and guests are requested to leave it in like condition. The right is reserved to make a charge for additional cleaning if the property has not been left reasonably clean.
- Guests are expected to use electricity and gas as they would in their own home: by switching off appliances which are not required; by turning off the heating in warm weather; by keeping the windows closed in cool weather.
- In respect of breakages, loss or damage, guests should report any deficiency which they notice on arrival, and any which occur during their visit. Where appropriate, guests will be liable to pay the replacement cost of the item broken, lost or damaged.
- Any defects should be reported immediately to the owner. The owners reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for the purposes of inspection, repair work, etc.
- The £100 advance payment made at the time of booking is not refundable. Payment in full for the let is due two weeks prior to commencement of the let, and failure to pay by this date will be deemed a cancellation. After full payment is made, refunds will only be given if UK or Scottish Government lockdown or travel restrictions are imposed due to further outbreaks of COVID-19 making it illegal to travel. It is suggested that guests arrange holiday insurance against possible cancellation for other reasons after payment has been made. For short-notice bookings made less than 2 weeks prior to the let, payment in full is required immediately to secure the booking and no refunds will be given thereafter.
- For all guests, an additional security deposit of £150 is required at the time of making full payment for booking. This will be returned within 7 days once keys are returned to the owners and checks on the property have been completed. The owners reserve the right to make a charge against the deposit to cover breakages or damage to property, or extra cleaning should the guests not have followed the departure instructions.
- At Sandcastle Cottage we operate a strict recycling policy. Guests are expected to recycle their waste using the four bins provided and ensure waste is collected on bin day by putting out the relevant bin. We reserve the right to charge an uplift charge on those guests who do not respect our recycling policy. Bins are collected on a 2-week and 4-week cycle so guests should ensure that there is enough room left in the bin for the incoming guests to use.
- Any guest who suspects that they may be suffering from COVID-19 should not travel to the cottage. If they become unwell during their stay, and suspect that they may have developed COVID-19 they should immediately inform the owners and return home for testing and isolation. We are not able to provide self-isolation in our holiday property as we do not live nearby. Should a guest be contacted by the Track and Trace team indicating that they must self-isolate, they must return home immediately and self-isolate there.
- The use of the electricity supply to the property (Sandcastle Cottage) for the charging of electric cars is strictly forbidden
In order for us to operate a “Safe for Everyone” self-catering environment, we must ask that guests follow the departure instructions to the letter.
- Departure is by 10 am and no later.
- Guests should open windows as follows:
- Ensuite shower room – turn handle ¼ turn and leave the window securely tilted.
- Upstairs bedroom windows – open bottom window and hook securely to brass catch.
- Bathroom window – open window to first catch and secure by turning handle.
- Kitchen window – open window to first catch and secure by turning handle.
- Bedlinen: In order to comply with recommendations for safe provision of bedlinen, we are required to stow away all duvets and pillows between lets to allow time for any potential viral particles to be eliminated. Our cleaner will stow away the bedding,
but it needs to be properly sorted so that she minimises the risk to her from handling bedding. Guests should strip beds and arrange bedding in bags as follows:
- One zipped bag for double duvet
- One zipped bag for two single duvets
- One zipped bag for one single duvet + 2 pillows (all pillow protectors removed)
- One zipped bag for 3 pillows (all pillow protectors removed)
- Two zipped bags for 2 and 3 cushions from living room
- One open bag with all pillow protectors and removable mattress protectors from all beds
- One open bag with all other bedding – pillowslips, sheets and duvet covers
- One open bag with all towels and kitchen linen (dish towels and oven gloves)
- Bathrooms: toilet rolls and soap should be removed along with any of guests’ personal items. Toilets should be flushed.
- Kitchen: all saucepans and frying pans must be properly washed with hot soapy water before being stored in cupboards.
- On departure, we ask that guests ensure that ALL crockery, cutlery and glassware are clean for the incoming guests.
- All kitchen cupboards should be checked and emptied of foodstuffs.
- Fridge should be completely cleared of any remaining food or frozen items.
- Waste bins should have all bagged waste removed and placed in the outside bins. Guests are asked to ensure that sufficient room is left in the blue landfill bin for the next guest to use. Glass bottles and jars should be recycled at the bottle bank at Crail Primary School. Strictly no glass waste in any of the recycling bins.
- Keys should be returned to the owners following the instructions provided in your arrival information.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping us all safe.