Relaxing family holidays by the sea with young children
We can help you plan a relaxing holiday by the sea with your family. Having been on self catering holidays with our own children we have a good idea what makes a holiday with young children fun.
At Sandcastle Cottage we have been providing self catering, good value holidays for families since 1992. With a staycation you can avoid long and sometimes arduous travel, making sure that everyone arrives ready to enjoy their holiday.
Sandcastle Cottage is directly opposite the path to the beach and children’s play area at Roome Bay.
There is a large enclosed garden to the rear of the cottage which is exclusively for your use and somewhere young children can play safely. There is also a patio with garden furniture where adults can relax. You can enjoy sunny days in the garden from early morning until late evening.
The cottage is child friendly, safe and well equipped with everything you will need for a relaxing holiday with your family and includes:
- Washer Dryer (there is also a washing line in the garden and pegs in the kitchen)
- A selection of pots, roasting tins and casserole dishes
- Gas Hob, Electric Oven & Grill
- High Chair
- Travel Cot (although we ask guests to bring their own bedding for the cot)
- Non slip bath mat
- Plastic plates, bowls, cups and cutlery
- Music centre with Bluetooth Attachment
- Beach Windbreak
- Curtains in the bedrooms have blackout linings
- DVD Player and a selection of DVD’s
- Selection of childrens games
- Selection of beach toys and fishing nets.
The cottage overlooks Roome Bay beach which is ideal for rock pooling, catching small fish, crabs or paddling.
The Crail Harbour Gallery is only a short walk from the cottage and great for a light lunch. Throughout the day and in the evening The Golf Hotel Crail serves snacks and meals in the beer garden from 10.00am. There is a great range of local shops in the village if you simply want to prepare meals at home. For more information on self catering read our blog.
Self Catering – Young Children more ideas
- Find the best ice cream shops in St Andrews and the East Neuk of Fife
- A beach picnic at Elie
- A day out to Craigtoun Park
- 25 things to do on a holiday in the East Neuk of Fife
- Take your bucket and spade to Kingsbarns Beach
Beach Days from Sandcastle Cottage.
At Sandcastle Cottage you are never far from a beach. Watch our video below to see some of the wonderful beaches you can visit and only a short walk or drive from Sandcastle Cottage
Self Catering – Young Children, Stay at Sandcastle Cottage
If you are looking for a relaxing, stress-free family holiday by the seatake a look insideby clicking this link alternatively if you want to go ahead and book just check our availability and prices by click the book now button below.
We look forward to welcoming you to Sandcastle Cottage.
Blog updated January 2024