Here are 25 things we have done as a family whilst on holiday at Sandcastle Cottage. There is definitely something for everyone on a holiday in the East Neuk of Fife and St Andrews. As seasoned holidaymakers in the area, there are of course some glaring omissions but we thought the selection might inspire you if you’re considering a break here.
25 things we did on a holiday in Crail
- Elie Watersports – Kayaking
- Walked Fife Coastal Path Largo – Elie
- Ate Crepes at the Cocoa Tree, Pittenweem
- Viewed the sand sculpture in Crail High Street! (East Neuk Festival Sand Sculptures)
- Booked an amazing trip to the Isle of May on the Osprey Rhib.
- Lunch at the Honeypot, Crail
- Shopped at Crail Pottery
- Bought fresh seafood from the Crab Shack at Crail Harbour.
- Went to the cinema: New Picture House, St Andrews
- Played golf at Crail Balcomie Links
- Night Market at Balgove Farm
- Barbecue on Roome Bay Beach
- Visited Kellie Castle Gardens
- Meal at Forgan’s, St Andrews
- Walked the Fife Coastal Path Crail – St Andrews
- Walked to the Lighthouse and Lady’s Tower at Elie
- Picked strawberries and went to the children’s play park at Cairnie Fruit Farm, Cupar
- Visited Craigtoun Country Park
- Bought fresh local produce at Ardross Farm Shop
- Putting at The Himalayas, St Andrews
- Visited the Scottish Fisheries Museum in Anstruther
- Visited Cambo Heritage Centre and walled garden.
- Putting at Crail Putting Green
- Cycling round Crail
- Made vegetarian curry with ingredients from Smoke Fired Wholefoods based in Crail High Street.
These are just a few of the many activities available in the East Neuk of Fife. If you would like to find out more then take a look at our blog. You will find some great walks on our walks page, places of interest to visit, days out and places to to eat.
Don’t leave it too long to book your next holiday in Fife. Check availability at Sandcastle Cottage by entering your desired dates in the “book now” box.