Here are 25 things we have done as a family whilst on holiday at Sandcastle Cottage. There is definitely something for everyone on a holiday in the East Neuk of Fife and St Andrews. As seasoned holidaymakers in the area, there are of course some glaring omissions but we thought the selection might inspire you if you’re considering a break here.
25 things we did on a holiday in Crail
- Elie Watersports – Kayaking
- Walked Fife Coastal Path Largo – Elie
- Walked along Cambo Sands Beach and had a toasty for lunch from the Cheesy Toast Shack.
- Archery with the Scottish Countryman (just outside Crail on the A917 between Crail and Kingsbarns)
- Booked an amazing trip to the Isle of May on the Osprey Rhib.
- Tennis at Beechwalk Park (bring your own rackets and balls). Improved my fitness at the Outdoor Gym
- Shopped at Crail Pottery
- Bought fresh seafood from the Crab Shack at Crail Harbour.
- Pre Booked Tickets on line for Scotland’s Secret Bunker (just outside Crail on the B940)
- Played golf at Crail Balcomie Links
- Went foraging with East Neuk Seaweed
- Barbecue on Roome Bay Beach
- Visited Kellie Castle Gardens
- Ordered Fish & Chips from Crail Chip Shop.
- Walked the Fife Coastal Path Crail – St Andrews
- Walked to the Lighthouse and Lady’s Tower at Elie
- Bought strawberries and raspberries from Barnsmuir Farm Shop just outside Crail.
- Visited Craigtoun Country Park
- Bought fresh local produce at Ardross Farm Shop
- Putting at The Himalayas, St Andrews
- Arranged a day out to St Andrews and did the free Historical Walking Tour.
- Visited Cambo Heritage Centre and walled garden.
- Putting at Crail Putting Green
- Cycling round Crail
- Visited the East Sands Leisure Centre in St Andrews. Only a short drive or bus trip from Crail.
These are just a few of the many activities available in the East Neuk of Fife. If you would like to find out more then take a look at our blog. You will find some great walks on our walks page, places of interest to visit, days out and places to to eat.
If it is your first time visiting the area we recommend you buy a map to help you plan your holiday. Satellite Navigation is great but it doesn’t always take you on routes with the best views. Click on the link below to purchase your map of the area.
Don’t leave it too long to book your next holiday in Fife. Check availability at Sandcastle Cottage by entering your desired dates in the “book now” box.